2) Sketches that will make your Friday and your weekend go by damn quick:
-Hal Rudnick was supposed to go to Comic Con, but ended up going to Exxxotica, though like he was still going to Comic Con.
-The Story Behind Reading Rainbow’s Last Episode
-Season 2 of the Compatish Begins
-How to Carve a Turkey (if that’s a big problem for you)
3) Kristen Schaal gets her own arc on 30 Rock!
4) Once again, Don Rickles graces the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight (CBS 12:35AM)
5) Female comics respond to HuffPo about the continuing trend of uninformed essays regarding women being funny.
7) Woody Allen documentary coming up later this month on PBS.
9) ON THE HORIZON
Variety Power of Comedy @ Hollywood Palladium Sat. Nov. 19th 8PM $55-$85
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Comedy@SCA Festival @ USC School of Cinematic Arts 7PM
Pizza Day 4: The Revenge @ Lamppost Pizza 7PM FREE
Eric Andre @ Hollywood Improv $18/2 item min.
Trevor Moore’s Whatever Show @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Jim Jeffries @ Club Nokia 9PM $16.50-$26.50
The Be-Bop Heroin Hour @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $10
Up Late with Adam Fisher @ Comedy Sportz LA 10:30PM $10 in adv./$12 at door
Late Night w/Howie Kremer @ Second City Hollywood 11PM $5
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World @ New Beverly Cinema MIDNIGHT $8
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
12) There’s so much great stuff happening in comedy right now that if you’re not into just a little bit of it, you must be an agent from the Matrix. Yes, I was watching the Matrix while writing this last little bit, but that doesn’t undermine the sentiment.