1) Chris Hardwick just announced the line-up for the upcoming Nerdist Channel, WHICH INCLUDES:
an interview show with Weird Al Yankovic
Revisiting the Kids in the Hall
Neil Patrick Harris with puppets
The Tournament of Nerds
and much, much more.
2) SXSW Comedy round-up:
Day 7 recap from Laughspin
HuffPo Comedy on Mike Birbiglia’s film adaptation of Sleepwalk with Me
Catch Funny Shits at the Liberty tonight
3) Tonight, after the 7:30PM screening of Casa De Mi Padre at The Landmark on Pico Blvd. in LA, Will Ferrell will be doing a Q&A.
6) For our readers/followers in San Francisco, make sure to catch “LA-based musical comedian and Twitter sensation” Eli Braden next month at the 50 Social Mason House. Only $5.
7) The WFMU Beware of the Blog visted stand-up comedy’s past meddling with the Mob as part of your education in comedy history.
8) Kurt Metzger had a fascinating chat with FearNet.com about Ugly Americans and how he would get censored on TV based on sponsors getting angry rather than people being offended.
9) The San Francisco Comedy & Burrito Festival Kickstarter: $2,987 of $5,000.
10) For any filmmakers trying to capture the experience of performing comedy on stage, it can often best be described as staring out into a black abyss that you must appease every minute.